Friday, July 13, 2012

Brother Wolf Animal Rescue



Although I'm not quite settled in Asheville because I'm staying with a friend since I don't get into my house until the end of next week, I'm doing my best to become part of the community as soon as I can.  So today I attended the volunteer orientation at Brother Wolf Animal Rescue.  www.bwar.org


BWAR is a no-kill shelter/rescue organization like the many in the Bay Area that rescues dogs and cats from county shelters to save them from euthanasia and works to find them new homes.

Although this non-profit has permanent staff, the lives of the animals in their care are greatly enriched by the volunteers who help socialize, exercise, train and provide the necessary human interaction that makes and keeps these animals adoptable.

Since the shelter/rescue work and fostering I did in the Bay Area was so rewarding, I plan to continue with these efforts in Asheville - and it looks like Brother Wolf will be a great organization to allow me to do that.  So here I am, one foot farther into my new life!



No comments:

Post a Comment